17 August, 2011

A Beachy Feel












I am a bit of a cliche when it comes to decorating a beach house - I love decorating with anything nautical and beachy ...not very for original for a designer, I know, but I can never seem to get past seashells, books on coastal living and architecture, coral, buoys, anchors, replica boats, miniature lighthouses, oars, etc, etc. I always work with a base of whites or neutrals then accents in navy, any shade of blue and red. Occasionally I'll throw a splash of yellow or aqua into the mix. Anyway I think when you're holidaying or living near the beach it's always nice to have a coastal feel to the architecture and the decor. These are a just few decorating ideas to inspire you.

Melissah xox

Images via House To Home 

5 comments:

Linda at beachside cottage said...

Hi Melissah - Cliche or not - they're beautiful and the epitome of beach, casual, elegant, lovely. I want to slip inside the photos and stay there!

Thanks for sharing!

PS-the seafood ideas look delish,too!

Linda

Sarah - Squeezed Daily said...

It's all about getting the "feel" and those items are perfect for the beach life.
Sarah

Pearl Maple said...

fun collection of inspired photos full of playful colour, like that dash of red too

Desire Empire said...

You have inspired me to go white on the porch. Watch this space.

beachcitylifestyle said...

red white n blue at the beach makes me happy! Teri

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...