25 August, 2011

The Good Life









My husband and I flit between Gant and Ralph Lauren for our summer wardrobes. Living down the coast their casual, relaxed style suits our outdoor way of life. I can never get past their flippy summer dresses and my husband lives in their polos and colourful checked shirts. I love the splash of colour but it's hard to get past classic red, white and navy that they do so well. Here's a stylish nautical look that's great for beach side living!


Nautical Appeal


I have always been a fan of Gant, well before they ever launched their womenswear. I have collected their catalogues for years using them as inspiration for holiday photo shoots. It's not just about gorgeous models their catalogues always tell a story that mixes fashion with lifestyle and real people. It's about food, family, beautiful surroundings and my colourful and vibrant photo albums have a lot to thank Gant for!

  
 

 

 
 

These snaps were taken at a nearby beach which has a restaurant that juts out over the water. With it's peeling paint it's full of character so much so that a television drama called 'Seachange' was filmed around it and it also played host to my wedding reception. It's a great place for a bit of fishing off the pier, a picnic lunch on the foreshore and the local fish 'n' chips served in paper cones are always a big hit with the kids!

Melissah xox

Images via Gant, Fashion Story Nautical Appeal by Coastal Style Blogspot 

6 comments:

beachside cottage said...

Love seeing where movies, tv, books, etc. actually take place ...thanks for sharing!

Best Wishes,

Linda
beachside cottage

The enchanted home said...

Love your inspirations...just beautiful!

Katherines Corner said...

Wonderful and inspiring. I enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog. Hugs

justine said...

what a great blog you have here, I have really enjoyed your posts and wonderful photographs.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hi Melissah,
Your blog is beautiful. Thanks so much for visiting me, and leaving such a nice compliment. I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to future posts.
xoxoRosemary

Vicki said...

Gorgeous pics...summer feels like it is slipping away. These took me back. So nice to meet you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...