12 August, 2011

A Trip to the Greek Islands











Last weekend I went to a fantastic Greek restaurant overlooking the water. It was decorated in the typical Greek style with white washed walls and blue accents... casual, beachy and relaxed. The atmosphere was buzzing with people on holidays or weekend getaways. The food was incredible - fresh and simple yet full of flavour. I can never get past pan seared calamari followed by marinated lamb when I go to Greek restaurants. It got me thinking that I really would love to get back to the Greek Islands sometime soon. There are some very slick and stylish boutique hotels popping up all over the islands and it really is a photographer's paradise.

Here's a little fashion inspiration for either some sightseeing on the Greek Islands or simply having lunch down at the local Greek restaurant on a a warm, summer's day....


My Summer Of Love


And some tempting Greek dishes for a relaxing, summer's weekend. Think platters of pan fried haloumi, stuffed vine leaves, a tangy tzatziki dip and  marinated olives accompanied by a fresh and tasty Greek salad ... mmm!





Have a great weekend!
Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 67, Coastal Style fashion story created in Polyvore, Food via Donna Hay

9 comments:

MissBliss said...

Fabulous pictures! I dream of going to Greece someday soon. Love the earrings in your collage.

xo from Miami Beach

Della said...

Greece is on my list of places to visit.
I love the stark white next to all of the
blue in their color schemes.

michelle said...

I would love love to go to the Greek Islands, just gorgeous!! Ahh to sit and relax on one of those beds!!
xoxo

Sherri said...

Greece is such a beautiful vacation spot!! I love white and blue-just beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

La Dolfina said...

Hi Melissah,
Both of your blogs are seriously beautiful and chock full of eye candy!!
I'm am so honored that in some way my blog inspired this incredible blog of yours!!
You are gorgeous by the way and make the perfect sea faring model :)
I'm delighted to accept your blog award. Thank you so much!!
Terri
xo

The enchanted home said...

LOVE this post Melissah!! OMG where in the world is that hotel? I must must go. Its so stunning!! Just unreal. There is something so beautiful about the country, the warm culture, the people who love live and of course their beyond delicious food. I would love to be there now! Please tell me where that is....

Beach House Living said...

I would never want to leave.

Everything Coastal said...

I wanna go! it's my dream trip ... one day we will actually get there!

Trendy Melbourne said...

Woow it looks amazing!!!!!!
After Spain and Morocco the Greek Islands are right up there on my travel wishlist.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...