23 October, 2011

All White Shabby Chic





 


 


I love an all white look for a beach house and I'm constantly drawn to anything that's white, fresh and simple. Two of my favourite styles are 'shabby chic' and the Scandinavian look. I like everything with a mix of eclectic pieces and a vintage twist. I love white slip covered furniture and white painted floorboards even though I would never be able to keep either of them clean! This week I have been on the hunt for clients for quirky pieces to decorate their beach houses with, so I have been scouring around for old boat oars, antique fishing rods, life buoys and wooden tennis rackets. I have had a lot of fun rummaging around the antique markets and coastal shops and have found some really great treasures which I am sure they will love!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6

8 comments:

beachcomber said...

love it all! especially the first photo : )
x

kerrie of sea cottage said...

me too...though I have been weeding out my floral shabby chic decor and going with the neutral nordic coastal look. The men in my family are happy about that! Of course all of my R.A shabby chic bedding, curtains, pillows, etc are tucked away to hopefully fill a spare room in the future or an armoir. I will never part with them. One day they will become vintage.

The Moerks said...

HI Melissah, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment. Your blog is gorgeous. It makes me just long for the beach. I am popping you straight on my blogroll. Deb

Red Roses and Crystal said...

I'm a lover of white Melissah and never tire of it.
Annie xx

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh how completely beautiful. I LOVE the idea of white pieces also... but it's slightly impractical for us at the moment, with 2 little boys running around. When we ever get around to renovating our kitchen and bathroom, white will be the colour of choice :o) Lovely pics Melissah xo

Debby said...

It's that chair in the bath w/ the towels on it that caught my attention.... love it! Hope your weekend is going good. xo

Beach House Living said...

Love it all, coastal, Nordic, time worn, organic....

Tiffany said...

I love all white shabby chic interiors too but I think I'm not yet brave enough to paint the floors white! I found your lovely blog through Melissa's blog and I must say your blog is so inspiring so following you from today. hope you have a great day x Tiffany

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...