12 October, 2011

Beach House Natural Style










When I'm decorating a beach house this is typical of the colour palette I would put together. The houses I work on are usually ultra modern high end architecturally designed beach houses. They are filled with an abundance of natural light and have lots of glass usually looking out onto ocean views. Because of all these factors the interiors need to be simple and understated so as not to compete with either the architecture or the view. I love lots of white with warm sandy tones, natural stone, recycled timbers, cane, rattan and sisal. Beige and taupe work well as mid toned accents and chocolate adds a bit of depth.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6

4 comments:

Josie said...

I think that neutrals with chocolate-brown accents are so beautiful and chic in home decor. Gorgeous!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Georgica Pond said...

Lovely fresh inspirations - especially love the dining space with the pendant and fabulous x bench.

Natasha Simpson * said...

These are all beautiful rooms and I love the neutrals! If only my beach house looked as cool and chic as these!
Natasha
http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

Chuck Stevens said...

I just recently bought a beach house and have been looking on tips to decorate it. We will be renting it out most of the year so it is always tough trying to add a personal touch without using personal items or decorations. These are some really great design tips to help make our beach house rental stand out from the rest!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...