23 February, 2012

Boating Chic








I am heading off for some twilight sailing tonight. It's not the glamorous affair you may think, sipping on champagne watching the sun set - it's a race, I'm the only lady on board and there's way too much testosterone to have a relaxed evening. But I love sailing, I love racing and I love the adrenalin of the wind in your face and your pulse racing. There's a fair bit of yelling and screaming from the skipper but back at the clubhouse that's all forgotten when everyone has had a chance to calm their nerves after a glass of wine! I wear  proper sailing attire, Helly Hansen of course, but would definitely wear something nautically chic if I was just going for a casual cruise around the harbour!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34

4 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Wow lucky you!! Sounds like a lot of fun and nothing like being on a boat around twilight..enjoy!

Beach House Living said...

Exciting I am sure. I doubt you are wearing high heel sandals though!

sealaura said...

Have a fun and safe trip! Great nautical fashions even if not too practical for your journey.

Henny said...

Lucky girl! I am green with envy, because I am sitting here in Hungary with a hot drink. Here is still winter....
Good luck!
Henriett

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...