25 October, 2011

Ocean Blues






 






I love this coastal palette of deep, inky ocean blues. Blues always look so perfectly at home in a beach house or coastal retreat. They can be dressed up to look sharp, chic and nautical when teamed with lots of white and splashes of red or they can look relaxed and casual when combined with vintage pieces and weathered timbers. Blue is also a great staple for homewares and accessories think scatter cushions, platters, dinnerware, coffee mugs, coloured glassware and nautical prints. Living down the coast, blue is a wardrobe basic - our shelves are bulging with jeans, polos, knits and tees all in shades of blue!

For more of May Chevrette's inspiring artwork like 'Saltwater' (image 5b) check out her blog To Go Into The World

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5a, 5b, 6, 7a, 7b, 8

11 comments:

beachcomber said...

a beautiful colour selection , very calming & my favourite colour : )

Kellie @ Sasse Avenue said...

Oh Melissah!

I so need a holiday by the sea. Preferably in something similar to the second image in this post :)

Kel x

Mel @ Georgica Pond said...

Stunning post as usual Melissah. I've just included you in my list of 15 Versatile Bloggers. Well deserved. Love your blog

Love of the Sea said...

Awesome. Love these photographs. So pretty. What a serene place.

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

What a beautiful blog you have!!! Everything I'm in love with too. I will be back to visit you.

Something Gorgeous said...

You post some very beautiful images. I particularly like the 'cure for everything' sign. x

a Bug and Bird said...

I am head over heels in love with your blog!!! I am obsessed with coastal style and am looking forward to my evening spent checking out more of your blog.

michelle said...

Love these and that second photo is dreamy. Blue is such a calming color and just so pretty! :)
xo

Mama of 2 boys said...

Ooooo yes, I'm a blue girl also. I think the wide variety of blue shades make it easy for everyone to find the perfect blue to suit them. Loving your pics yet again. The top two, that gorgeous girl in the water and the surfing shot are my faves :o) xo

Beach Coast Style said...

Great color combination! I especially love the cowhide rug. I am being drawn to them with a little hint of soft blues...great inspiration.

Mae said...

Hi, thank you so much for sharing my painting "Salt Water." I'm happy that you've shared it, but request that you credit my name and provide a link to my website alongside it. Perhaps if you and your readers like this piece you may also like some of my other artwork as well! :)

Thanks so much,
Mae Chevrette
http://maechevrette.etsy.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...