24 October, 2011

Shipwrecked











I always loved fantasizing about being shipwrecked 'Robinson Crusoe' style when I was a little girl. I was fascinated by the book and being a bit of designer, even back in those days, I would have the tree hut all mapped out and decorated, and the wardrobe designed - reminiscent of Brooke Shield's in Blue Lagoon! Anyway things have changed much because I am loving this Vogue fashion shoot featuring gorgeous pieces from Valentino, Vera Wang, Zac Posen, Rodarte and Alexander McQueen.



Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier, styled by Grace Coddington,  modelled by Caroline Trentini for American Vogue Nov 2011.

Melissah xox

Images via fashionspot edited by Coastal Style

6 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

Unfortunately if we really were shipwrecked on a deserted island we wouldn't be dressing like that....but you are right, we can dream.x

Kaybe said...

Kind of looks reminiscent of the movie "The Piano". Very pretty.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

If I'm dreaming of being ship wrecked, then Johnny Depp had better be there too. And maybe some rum! LOL. I would wear any of those dresses but the second one is my favorite.

Mama of 2 boys said...

Ohhhh I loved Blue Lagoon and always liked the idea of being shipwrecked also. I blame Gilligan's Island for that... Ginger and Maryann were just sooo sexy/cool ;o)
These images are delightful, especially the last two, they're my faves xo

Love of the Sea said...

Great photographs. These are so beautiful.

Beach Coast Style said...

I always wanted to find a lost treasure at sea and spend hours looking through it all. :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...