05 November, 2011

Backyard Entertaining




 





I am looking forward to long, lazy days of entertaining friends and family over summer. Drinks on the deck, barbeques in the backyard and lunch on the lawn under the big market umbrella. Everything is casual and relaxed and guests are always happy to pitch in and lend a hand, even when it comes to the pile of dishes at the end of the night! Food always tastes better when shared with friends or is that just the extra glass of wine talking?! When feeding lots of guests I love the idea of a casual buffet set up, everyone helps themselves which means less work for the hostess and everyone's happy!  

Melissah xox

Images via 1-4, 5a, 5b

4 comments:

Karla (IronmumKarla) said...

Hi Melissah, oh how I love your blog - just looking through the pages I am getting lost and yearning for a holiday! So glad you found me because now I can follow you! Karla

The enchanted home said...

And I am very jealous......lucky you!! We are bracing ourselves for a very harsh snowy winter, love the first snow fall but after that am ready to fast forward into spring, that picture has me very hungry:)

Kellie Collis said...

These are lovely! The feel of summer is just fabulous! Have a wonderful end of the week, Kellie xx

Mama of 2 boys said...

Casual buffet is my favourite kind of get together Melissah. Everyone selects exactly what they like and it keeps things nice and relaxed. Loving those foodie pics, what a treat :o) xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...