14 November, 2011

A Garden Party









Saturday promised to be warm and balmy so we invited the neighbours over for a casual barbeque then as the week progressed my husband invited a few other neighbours turning it into more of a street party. Then by the time Saturday arrived he had invited half the neighbourhood and before I knew it was 17 for dinner plus a few extra kids! I was under strict instructions to keep it casual - not easy for me, as I have a reputation for going overboard with flowers, decorations, gourmet food and exotic cocktails turning a casual bite to eat into an orchestrated event. But I was very well behaved and did I was told keeping it all very relaxed. Kids of all ages ran around on the grass and jumped on the trampoline while the ladies chatted on the lawn with a glass of champagne and the men bonded around the barbeque drinking beer! Typical low-key Aussie barbeque with lots of laughter, barefoot kids running amuck and a fabulous pavlova that I'd made for dessert!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5

10 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

Sounds like my kind of afternoon. A pity I don't live in your street! X

Karla (Ironmum Karla) said...

Gorgeous, and looks like it was perfect weather to boot. That pavlova is devine!x

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful gathering. Love your photos and the children are gorgeous. I hope you continue see my blog, since in a coue of months I will be moving and redecorating it. I am so excited for this new venture......

Desire Empire said...

You are one talented lady. Your photography and it's subjects look magazine worthy. The pav is one of the prettiest I've seen.

claire said...

Sounds lovely. And can I just say that cake/pavlova/whatever it is looks delish! x

Mimi said...

Sounds like a great afternoon. Mimi xx

Laura said...

Oh, how gorgeous!!! wish i was a guest at your bbq!!! isnt it lovely that we can now enjoy the outdoors a bit more?!
Lauraxxx

The Moerks said...

That Pav looks so pretty. What a lovely afternoon.

Mama of 2 boys said...

Ohhh picture perfect Melissah! Seriously, your images could be straight out of a magazine. And that pav, whoa! I'd love to be your neighbour :o) xo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

That sounds so perfect and fabulous! Friends, food, and fun are so key to a great weekend ;)
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...