25 January, 2012

Australia Day Barbeque






 



 



Tomorrow is Australia Day, the weather is going to be perfect, so we are gathering our best friends for a relaxed barbeque on the deck. It will be a slap-up affair with everyone in shorts, thongs (flip flops) and casual beach attire. However, I love to entertain so I always go a little overboard with styling and presentation. I am loving these cute little Aussie meat pies that spell out 'Happy Australia Day'. My friends would love that and the kids would have fun helping me make them. We'll hang out the Australian flag for the occasion, serve up spicy prawns on skewers and mini pavlovas. I'll pop mini Aussie flags onto of sausages for the kids and I'm sure we'll all have a ball!

Melissah xox


5 comments:

In The Night Sky said...

You always post the best pictures, Melissah :) Sounds lke you will have a lovely, relaxed day - Happy Australia Day!

Ali Rodriguez said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I could be doing that instead of sitting here while it snows like crazy!

Susan said...

Happy Australia Day, Melissah - it sounds like you have a fun day planned!

Verandah House said...

Have a great day sounds wonderful :)

Mama of 2 boys said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me. I am so jealous that you're going to be having lovely weather for the day... we are sopping wet here :o( Puts a dampener on our celebrations when we can't get to the beach.
Have fun Melissah & Happy Australia Day :o) xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...