16 January, 2012

Holiday Memories









So I have just returned from my 12 day road trip to Kangaroo Island, 2800km in total. Even though we come back to a beach house and a relaxed way of life living in a small coastal town - it's still a shock to be back with a stack of chores, a garden that needs a pile of work, a heap of design work mounting up and two teenage kids on holidays ... need I say more!!! The trip was fantastic - a mix of everything really - scorching hot days of 40 degrees spent on the beach swimming, reading and suntanning and balmy nights were whiled away dining under the stars on seafood platters. Grey, overcast days were spent driving and bushwalking and torrential downpours were spent camping (more on that tomorrow!). We fed wallabies by hand, watched seals playing on the beach, meet tourists from every corner of the globe and discovered deserted beaches that stretched on forever with pristine white sand and aqua water! But the best thing of all was just spending time with my husband - no computers, no TV, no work, just chilling, laughing, chatting and relaxing.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, (Ps these are not my holiday snaps - I am still sorting through my photos)

10 comments:

Desire Empire said...

Now that's a holiday. Welcome home.
Carolyn

Something Gorgeous said...

Your holiday sounds like heaven, especially the part with no computers, TV or work....that's a real holiday. x

newbuild said...

I so much want to visit Kangaroo Island. I would love to hear more about it!! Hints even on best spots to stay, must see places, how'd you travel around etc.

beachcomber said...

it sounds lovely! back to reality...
love the first tent, the only way i'd like to camp.
x

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Great omens to relive throughout the year. Peaceful. Family. Absorbing Life.

Ez said...

Sounds fantastic! I cant wait to hear more about it :-)

x

kerrie of sea cottage said...

welcome back home. I love summer days...though we are in the middle of winter. I was tending to my garden this week...my lettuce patch needed weeding. I grow romaine, red leaf, spinach, and mesculin mix in the winter.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

That sounds like such a great time! It is definitely a hard transition back to reality after that! Happy weekend friend!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh welcome home Melissah! Holidays are dreamy aren't they. I know exactly how you feel as we just got back from ours on Friday. It's amazing how a week or so of relaxation and no technology can totally renew your approach to everything. I'd love to hold onto this holiday feeling for as long as possible :o) xo

Punctuation Mark said...

beautiful images... have a great time!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...