20 February, 2012

Beach Food










Summertime calls for quick and easy meals. When you're down at the beach all day the last thing I feel like doing is spending hours in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove! Everyone is always hungry after a day of sand, sea and surf so something hearty is usually called for. I get everyone involved to share the workload around - the kids whip up salads, while my husband cooks up home made burgers on the barbeque. We love homemade pizzas where we all make our own with our favourite toppings and big bowls of pasta are always a favourite on the weekend!

Melissah xox

Images via What Katie Ate

8 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

All that sounds yummy - I'm going to your house! I love the jar that says "Ice Box Jar." When we were kids, we always called the refrigerator, "the ice box." Nobody calls it an ice box any more. Except me probably. LOL!

beachcomber said...

great photos! look yummy too.
x

Something Gorgeous said...

ooh yummy! Can I come over for a beach holiday! x

anita said...

i like to make fruit kabobs...always ready to whip out of refrig, cold and refreshing! do you make your pizzas on the grill? i havn't done this successfully yet

Beach House Living said...

Looks delicious; should I bring some beverages?

Melissah said...

No Anita - I just throw the pizzas in the oven - nothing fancy but they taste pretty good - particularly with a few anchovies on top!!
x
Melissah

Kaybe said...

Or my 2nd choice - Chinese take-out. It does help to get the entire family involved. My hubby cooks a mean burger too.

Susan said...

Love seeing the old jars with the Australian brands on them :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...