29 February, 2012

Hamptons Style Beach House














Today I picked up a lovely new job - designing and decorating a white weatherboard Hamptons style beach house with spectacular ocean views. It's a beautiful period house that has had a number of hotch potch renovations over the last 80 years and the clients want to restore it to it's a former glory. Most of my jobs are modern, architecturally designed houses made of glass and concrete so this double storey house full of history and charm will be a breath of fresh air for me. I have a nice collection of ideas and images that I have collected from all the coastal blogs so they will be a great source of inspiration for this fun project. The client was so excited and happy after our first meeting that she gave me a big hug at the end of it!    

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

10 comments:

beachcomber said...

i'm sure it's going to look great when you're finished with it! lovely images.
a place for you to visit when you go to bondi on my blog today :)
x

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Oh how I wish you'd hop on a plane to Massachusetts and work your white and bright goodness on our 1830's cape!

The enchanted home said...

The vibe of this beautiful beach house reminds me of freshly scented laundry being folded next to a window with a light spring breeze coming in...so refreshing!

Susan said...

How cool, Melissah! Will you be able to share pictures when you are done?

Coral and Coast said...

It sounds like an amazing job Melissah! I bet you will knock their socks off! :) xo K

Beach Coast Style said...

That's Great Melissah! How fun to be able to help them restore it back to it's original character.

anita said...

you had me at white linens, bright rugs and that charming kitchen

designchic said...

These images would be gorgeous inspiration for your new project...can't wait to see updates!!

Closet Queen said...

Congrats on your new job - are these images your new project or past projects? I am looking for a Madonna Statue like the one in the 3rd photo - any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Love it all !!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...