28 February, 2012

Pale Neutrals










This all natural palette is influenced by the colours, textures and tones of nature and the sea resulting in a 'modern coastal' feel. Relaxed and inspired, natural fibres and textural interest are the key elements to these spaces. The neutral walls are both calming and ever-changing - a result of filtered sunrises in the morning or the flicker of candles in rustic lanterns at night Take a loose approach to a white canvas with pale neutral accents, add some woody tones and you can transform a simple space into a coastal oasis without spending a fortune. It's all in the details! 

Melissah xox

Images via The Design Files 

10 comments:

Olive + White said...

This is beautiful. I love the combination of very organic elements combined with beautifully designed ones. Just lovely.

Susan said...

I like!! Very pretty!

kerrie of sea cottage said...

so lovely. my nordic coastal cottage is very much a neutral palette...with splashes of sea blues and a bit of floral for spring/summer.

Scandi Coast Home Australia said...

Even the cat tones in...it's a beautiful space!
I think this is the Newcastle home of stylist Tim Neve (founding editor of new Coastal Home Mag).
................................
Tania Maree xx

Shorely Chic said...

so tranquil I even calmed down looking at these photos

SOMMERWHITE said...

PERFECTION ! :)

Melissah said...

Tania Maree is right about the owner - it's a simple house but has a great vibe!
x
Melissah

Mama of 2 boys said...

All so lovely and I especially love that gorgeous kitty cat in there xo

Beach House Living said...

So calming..I would enjoy bleached looking floors.

hotelsdesignmonde said...

wow nice post, nice blog, I'm a new follower right now ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...