21 March, 2012

Natural Expression






 




I am always attracted to an all-natural palette - inspired by the textures and tones of the sea and nature. I love the 'natural coastal' aesthetic. To prevent neutral decor from looking too bland, add interest using accessories that make bold statements - in the way of size, form and texture. Feature pendants with a rustic or natural feel are a great example. The use of recycled floorboards or timber lining boards on the walls or ceiling will also add warmth and character. Layers of interest can also be created with the use of tactile fabrics which contrast or blend together. Linen, cotton, hemp and woven bamboo fabrics are all perfect choices for a beach house.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2-34, 5, 6-78

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

7 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

Love this palette, its very soothing and calm. Just how I want my home to be.

designchic said...

Love a hint of natural decor in a home even if it's a basket of towels...gorgeous images!

HausStylish said...

love all these images especially those pendant lights in the second photo with the dark units, remind me of the sea. The dark cabinets are lovely too and I always think these natural palettes are suprisingly quite forgiving with dirt - especially useful when you have kids like mine ;-)x

Jennifer Leible said...

Reading you describe your style I was in awe! Your desciption is so well put and so like mine I'm just amazed! I pretty much agree whole heartily! I wish I was better at getting the right pieces together to achieve the style I love...I think I'll always be working on that! These pictures are gorgeous...I'm pinning a few! :)

Mama of 2 boys said...

Natural IS beautiful Melissah and I am loving these images. The bird cage is fantastic, really liking the bird cage look right now xo

Scandi Coast Home Australia said...

I think we all wished our houses really looked like this......
;o) I aspire to this but always end up with more colour etc.
I'm just not that disciplined!
............................................................

TM xx

Susan said...

I love all the images, but especially the tablescape in the first image!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...