27 March, 2012

Weathered Greys









I love the weathered greys that come with beachside living. I use a lot of spotted gum and recycled timber cladding in the coastal homes I design. I always specify that they are just oiled and left to grey off naturally with the wind and salt air. This way they subtlely blend into the landscape and their coastal environment. One of my favourite things about Hampton's style architecture is the weathered grey shingles - they lend so much charm and character to the houses they adorn. 

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 3a, 3b, 4, 5

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

2 comments:

Mama of 2 boys said...

That bikini is stunning! I would LOVE to be able to wear something like that. Grey is a lovely colour, it can be teamed with so many different shades xo

Lesli @ Beautifully Coastal Design Blog said...

Such pretty examples of the beauty of grey! Greyed wood is so common on the Oregon coast and it does blend naturally with the elements. I love it!

BTW, thanks for stopping by BeautifullyCoastal.com and leaving a comment. I love that!

Smiles,
Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...