26 May, 2012

All Aboard










I love boats and I love being out on the water so tell me, how did I end up with a husband who gets seasick?! He's not a huge fan of our Wednesday night twilight Yacht racing but he goes along to keep me happy (and to shut me up)! As time goes on he's getting better and better at faring rough seas and bumpy waves and I think he almost even enjoys himself on a calm summer's evening with a gentle breeze blowing. I love the idea of one day sailing or motoring around the Whitsunday Islands in sunny Queensland. There's something very romantic about throwing down anchor in a secluded sandy cove on a deserted tropical island. I have visions of cooking up freshly caught fish and dining out under the stars whilst the boat bobs gently up and down on the waves.

I am loving this cute and cosy cabin interior.

Melissah xox

Images via Coastal Living

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

6 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! What a gorgeous boat!

I, too, get sea sick - I remember just mortifying my soon to be husband, when I got seasick on Lake Michigan in a rubber dinghy! :)

Have a wonderful weekend, Melissah!

Svenja said...

really cool, i like boats too! thanks for your lovely comment at my blog! hugs, svenja

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a lovely interior. Very nicely decorated without being fussy.

I used to get sea sick if I couldn't see land. I have to admit I've gotten better, but still take along those little pills just in case. Sleeping on a boat is fabulous - for some reason it's the best sleep I've ever had. Maybe it's the sea that lulls you, but it's the best!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Sam

The enchanted home said...

What a charmer, absolutely love the way its decorated, so classic. I love boats too but in small doses:)

StyleKULTUR said...

I also Love boats! So amazing interior!
hugs!

Mama of 2 boys said...

Ooo I love the sound of that too Melissah, pity hubby and I are so nautically challenged. The one time we took a boat out whilst staying on Hamilton Island, we both ended up overboard, haha! It is amusing to look back on, but we were struggling, absolutely no idea on how to navigate on the seas. xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...