02 June, 2012

The Boating Life






 




From as young as I can remember I was brought up with boats. I was waterskiing at the age of five and my whole childhood was spent around boats. To this day, by Dad escapes the winter chill and spends six months of the year cruising around on his boat in tropical Queensland. I have inherited my dad's passion for boats and the water - I love sailing, speedboats, motor launches and even a day in a humble 'tinnie' would get me excited. I'm not fussed, I just enjoy an adventure out on the water!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 23, 4, 5, 6

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

5 comments:

Louwink said...

M,

Great images, the top one is dreamy. Love water skiing or just a day out on a boat. Few and far between now though with all the boy's sport.

Enjoy your weekend

Lou

Desire Empire said...

Oh a boat!!!! They are central to our lives here at the beach house.
Carolyn

Mama of 2 boys said...

Your Dad is living my dream Melissah, chasing the sun! How cool that sounds. I love boats, but I think I've mentioned before, am no sailor, haha! Just like to get someone else to do the hard work for me xo

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

I did not grow up on the water or around boats as you did. But when we lived in the islands, our boat was our "station wagon on the water" and it was our only mode of transportation to and from town. That's when my true appreciation of boats began.

During that time we met a lot of Cruisers and appreciate your father's lifestyle. We helped work up and broadcast the weather forecasts for the Cruisers on the VHF because we lived in an area where there was none. Weather was our main concern, just as it was for Cruisers. I know you dad must have a great time. It's a fun lifestyle.

Love the vintage boats you've shown. Such elegant lines.
Sam

The Silver Bunny said...

Same comment as the previous reader, your father is so lucky ! I was born near the sea and consider it my natural habitat ; I hope to retire there in a few years but in the meantime, it's crowds on the subway-pollution-noise-mayhem here in Paris !xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...