12 June, 2012

Light Naturals






 




You can't go wrong decorating a coastal home in a whites and creams with natural accents. I love a beach house with heaps of natural light, high ceilings and lots of windows. I like the play of light reflecting off the walls, creating patterns and dancing across floorboards. I like timber pieces that are chalked, limed or distressed with plenty of natural character. I like throwing cane, straw baskets, bamboo and sisal into the mix - anything that's naturally textured and earthy adds personality and soul to a beach house. I totally love the kitchen with the oversized linen pendants and the cathedral ceilings - that's a dream kitchen for me! 

Melissah xox

Images via 1-34, 5, 6, 7

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

4 comments:

Home sweet Home said...

I love your blog and all yor images.

I follow you <3

hugs Ivonne

Maison Beldecor said...

Hi Melissah,
I also love the natural style with many light and natural tones... If you like, come around to see a little glimpse of the german coast in my topically post...
Bine

Mama of 2 boys said...

The kitchen in that shot is a dream for me too Melissah... as is the bench seat in the second last shot, that just looks amazing! xo

Susan said...

I would love to own a beach cottage!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...