22 July, 2012

A Swedish Weekender












With a new Swedish client on board I am feeling very inspired by this Swedish weekender. This client is the other half of my girlfriend who is a born and bred Aussie. They have enlisted my help to update their holiday house. I am hoping that my girlfriend will come to the party so we can give it a Scandinavian feel. It is one of my favourite design looks and one that can be easily adapted to the Australian lifestyle and climate. I love the grey washed cane, the use of natural linens and cottons as well as all the painted, chalked and lime washed timbers. Can't wait to get started on this one!

Melissah xox
 
Images via 1, 2, 34, 5-7


Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

10 comments:

lou lou said...

Hi Melissah

I have bookmarked this for my dream beach house - this and a combo of another I have seen is perfect.

have a lovely weekend

(PS love anything with a Swedish hue)

Loulou x

beachcomber said...

lovely ideas! love the linen and driftwood tones. & i 'd love one of the H&M sel de mer cushions. wish you could get it in australia.
x

jeanetteann said...

Thank you so much for visiting and for your sweet comment.
This beach house looks gorgeous already,can't wait to see what you design for your friends. xxoo

Cathy said...

Memories of my one-time house on the water! Thank you! Now following you back :)

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

Who does not love to live in a house like this? Just Lovely!!

Mama of 2 boys said...

What a lovely project to be working on, must be great to be using your expertise for a friend like that. And the look is truly gorgeous too xo

Hilla Hryniszyn said...

love the use of printed linen. Scandinavian style homes are my favorite. filled with light and neutral colors

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Hi Melissah, I love the gray, neutral palette used in this home. It's so stunning. I browsed through your blog a little and really love your style. Your blog design is simply beautiful as well. So excited to be a new follower :)

bec said...

weekender??? I could live there all week!.. I love this look... beautiful images.
Bec x

busana muslim grosir ghaniyah said...

This is a great posting It’s exactly what I was looking for. I like your article.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...