09 July, 2012
IN A FAST-PACED WORLD
IT'S SO EASY TO GET CAUGHT UP IN THE 'WHIRLWIND' OF LIFE
and forget about what is actually important and what we want in life.
So here are few tricks to keeping things real
and remind us that the simple things in life can often lead to the richest rewards!
1. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
2. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
3. Read more books and watch less TV.
4. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
5. Trust in honesty but lock your car.
6. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
7. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
8. Read between the lines.
9. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
10. Be gentle with the earth.
11. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
12. Mind your own business.
13. Don't trust a man/woman who doesn't close his/her eyes when you kiss.
14. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
15. If you make or have a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
16. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
17. Learn the rules, then break some.
41. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Remember that your character is your destiny.
20. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
22. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
23. Spend some time alone.