18 September, 2012

The Road Less Travelled










When travelling, I love getting off the beaten path and exploring hidden laneways, quite cobble stoned streets and remote villages. I like to discover new things and places where the locals aren't jaded by  hoards of tourists. I like to eat at restaurants where the local villagers dine and the food is authentic and well priced. I like to stay at hotels and 'pensiones' designed and decorated in the typical style of the region and are full of character. There's something very rewarding about discovering a new place that isn't in all the tourist guidebooks.    

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6

10 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm the same exact way, Melissah. I love a little adventure. :)

Chai Chen said...

This keeps me destressed ... cool feeling! :)

~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai

Annie ~ Red Roses and Crystal said...

I share this philosophy also Melissah for it's the only way to really discover the places one visits.
xx

Scandi Coast Home said...

I rather prefer seeing a place through the eyes of the people who live there too ;o)
Tania xx

Punctuation Mark said...

Exploring is the only way to get to know a city... Beautiful images!!!

Cinnamon and White Chocolate said...

Oh, yes, exploring little streets...Priceless. In our country (Croatia) we have such rich history so we have bunch of towns from roman period (imagine what can you find there), and many many little towns hundreds of years old, with little streets, we have (so they say) the tightest street in the world, in a beautiful place called Vrbnik on island of Krk.

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh yes, I agree with this totally Melissah. There are some true jewels hidden out there and it's such a bonus when you stumble on one... great too, as it gives you an excuse to go back one day! Love these holiday images xo

anita said...

100% agree!!! love the simplicity of these gorgeous shots!

Clara Turbay said...

love it! smart and simple.

sophie said...

i love those little streets..

http://www.blogstylethings.blogspot.gr/

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...