24 October, 2012

Port Douglas Holiday Snaps






 



 

 



 

 


Well we have just arrived back from a blissful 7 days at the Sheraton Mirage in tropical Queensland. The weather was a perfect balmy 30 degrees with blue skies and sunshine every day bar one. The resort is a stunning oasis of palm trees, lush tropical gardens and lagoon style swimming pools. The hotel is right on the beach so we walked the four mile beach every morning to try and undo some of the damage done at the buffet breakfast! My husband reminded me daily that 3 plates of food was a lot for a small person to eat for breakfast! However despite my small appetite I managed to squeeze in lunches by the pools, cocktails in the afternoon and three course dinners! To be honest, by the end of it I was so sick of food I don't think I could eat another thing for a month! Apart from eating, the rest of the time was spent swimming, chilling by the pool, walking through ancient rainforests and checking out the other resorts for design inspiration. It was so wonderfully relaxing with some much needed R and R for Derek who has been working round the clock for such a long time. We have come back tanned, relaxed and looking forward to long walks on our own beach ... so we can work off that extra kilo or two!

Melissah xox

 Photo credits : my own holiday snaps

Check out my other blogs Scrapbook and Country Style Chic

10 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures, Melissah! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Belle Inspirations said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time at a gorgeous resort, and how fabulous did you look! Have a beautiful week xx

beachcomber said...

wow wow wow! gorgeous shots.
sounds like a fantastic holiday.
x

villa-rosengarten & cockerlove said...

Oh, you are really lucky. While here in Switzerland we are having very foggy days, you are at the sea, taking wonderful holidays!
Great photos! Enjoy the time, hug Barbara

Mama of 2 boys said...

Ooooo I recognise that location... we honeymooned at the Sheraton Mirage, coming up to 8 years ago... and I can still remember how utterly stunning it was. Just a magic part of the world and such a great resort.
LOVE your photos Melissah, you and hubby are such lookers. The weather looks like it was quite perfect. What a fantastic way to recharge the batteries, so glad you had a wonderful time xo

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That looks like a beautiful spot! Glad to hear you had such a nice trip. Any beach photos you can share?

About Last Weekend said...

Im so mad at myself I never got to Queensland when I visited Australia, it look like paradise, photos of you and the hubs are so relaxed and lovely. You both look so fit!

Carla Tomas said...

WOW!!! Its gorgeous!!! Have fun!
xo Carla

http://mylifesthebeach.blogspot.com/

Something Gorgeous said...

That looks like heaven. xT

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

This place looks amazing! Great pictures. Looks like a wonderful vacation.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...