06 October, 2012

The Adventure Begins



 

 


I am starting to plan a few looks for my up and coming holiday. For me the planing and packing are half the fun of the holiday. I always plan carefully so I don't overload the suitcase. To get the weight down I usually stick to one or two neutrals - which is white and beige linen if it's a summer holiday with a couple of accent colours like jade and turquoise. All the pieces have to mix and match so they can be worn a number of times but they can create different looks. Pieces then also have to flexible enough so that can go from day to night ~ for instance a casual poolside outfit can be dressed up with wedges and bold jewellery for cocktails at the bar. There's a real art to packing and even after years of practice I still take way too much stiff  ...  just in case!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 3

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest

4 comments:

beachcomber said...

great tips and pics! there is an art to packing for a holiday.
x

Annie ~ Red Roses and Crystal said...

I agree that sticking to two basic colours is the best for traveling otherwise it all gets too complicated!
xx

Chai Chen said...

Lovely colors! Great plan! :) I love the minty one! :)

Hey how did your vacation go with your family? Share some photos. :)

Hope to see you again on my blog too. :) By the way, been following you on GFC. Hope you can follow back. :)


~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
http://lookbook.nu/chenmeicai
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2957855

Tina Barros said...

love it =)

TinaB.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...