17 November, 2012

Is This Going To Be My New House?





 


 









 Auction today 

I have had a crazy week starting off with a house for sale catching my eye in the local paper. Now I'm not in the market for a new house but I drove past anyway. As it was vacant I had a snoop around and peered through the windows ~ I was very, very excited by what I saw. Raced home, grabbed hubby and dragged him along. Mr Conservative also fell in love with it. This is our dream house - white cottage by the sea within walking distance of the beach and views to die for. Spent the next day with building inspectors, lawyers, real estate agents and mortgage brokers. This was Wednesday and the Auction is today. On Thursday I organised an inspection. We were so disappointed at how run done it was on the inside and how much work was needed - but it has amazing potential. Looks a lot better in the photos than in real life. We lost our enthusiasm, but then both woke up the next day still dead keen to make it our own - we both have such a clear vision on how amazing we can make it. The auction is today and I've heard there is a stack of interested parties but I have my cheque book at the ready and we'll be bidding.

So wish me luck! 
If we're not successful I know there will others out there
 but this one is a beauty! 
I'll let you know tomorrow.
Melissah xox

Images via Real Estate.com 

Check out my other blogs Scrapbook and Country Style Chic

20 comments:

Sheila said...

It's a gorgeous house! :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

paisleysummer said...

Looks like a gem waiting for some polish. Good luck! x

bec said...

go for it Melissah and good luck...it's got amazing potential!
Bec x

Buttons Apart said...

This house is stunning! Good luck and can't wait to hear what happens!

Sita & Radha xx
http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

Scandi Coast Home said...

that's the coolest house Melissah.
Bid like a crazy person!!!
Tania xx

brismod said...

Good luck. You have to try and as you say there will always be others out there. xx

Something Gorgeous said...

Oh wow, the house is amazing. Good luck to you, we have our fingers crossed.

Nola Grasby said...

I think if anybody could make it beautiful you could, good luck.

Abigail said...

Oh, I love it. I hope your the winning bidder!

Annie Loveridge Interiors said...

All fingers crossed for you my dear...as an impulsive house buyer myself I know just how you feel! That home has so many beautiful features and those views - wow. Things have a funny way of working out and this will work out as it should too. Good luck! Annie x.

beachcomber said...

fantastic!
can't wait to see what you do with it if you're the winning bidder.
x

villa-rosengarten & cockerlove said...

Hi Melissah - wishing you a good portion of luck for today! I am sure you would make a wonderful home of it! The sea view is amazing! Love, Barbara

Vicky said...

So wish you best luck!! it's a wondeful house.
xx Vicky

Helena Natanael said...

gosh, this house and furnitures are really beautiful and breath-taking <3 I wish it were my house!

My Random Thoughts

Lavande said...

wish You Good Luck!!

Trish said...

I hope you got to make this your new home...Location Location Location!!!

La Dolfina said...

Omg it is amazing!!!!!
Good luck. If it is meant for you, you will get it

Serendipitous Home said...

Wow, what a stunner, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Sandra

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh how fabulous Melissah! It looks beautiful... even with lots of underlying work required. Can't wait to hear how you got on at auction, fingers crossed for you, whatever happened xo

Desire Empire said...

Wow mel that is so exciting. Congratulations. I'll look forward to watching you develop it.
Carolyn

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...