18 November, 2012

OMG I just bought a house!!!





I have just had the craziest weekend of my life - yesterday my husband and I unexpectantly bought our dream house and today we put our house on the market. I have spent the day dusting and cleaning getting ready to put our house on the market so time for blogging. This evening we walked from our new house to the beach in just under 7 minutes - we visited the house and admired the view and thought we were the two luckiest people on earth. This house is just perfect for us (photos are posted on yesterday's blog). It ticks all the right boxes : ~ an original, unrenovated, white weatherboard beach house in good condition. The architecture is stunning with a light filled living area cantilevered over a stone base. I think the house must be over sixty years old so it is full of character, history and soul. The deck, dining, living and kitchen all have ocean views. It has 4 bedrooms, a study, 2 bathrooms, 2 open fireplaces and a separate rumpus downstairs that is perfect for a design studio and office for my husband and I to share. Clients can access the studio directly without entering the house. The garden has enormous potential especially as hubby is a landscape architect. It is private with neighbours on only 1 out of 3 sides. The house next door is a beautifully renovated white weatherboard so is a delight to look at. I am sooooo in love with it - it represents everything this blog is about. We move in and start renovating Jan 17. We are hoping to restore it to it's former glory.

Thanks everyone's for you well wishes yesterday - it must have been all that good karma that got us over the line, because it was an absolute fluke we got it.

I will share photos once we have weaved our magic - I am soooooo excited, I am in heaven!

Here is a little inspiration to help me start designing it's new look.

Coastal living - Shades of White



 

 


 







Melissah xox


Check out my other blogs Scrapbook and Country Style Chic

30 comments:

Rani @ La Maison Jolie said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you do with the new house! I'm sure it will be stunning! Xx Rani

villa-rosengarten & cockerlove said...

Wow - Melissah - you are a such lucky one! congratulations for the new wonderful beach house!
I am so impatient to see what it will look like, once you live there!!!
Good luck for the renovations and many many inspirations, hug Barbara

beachcomber said...

congratulations melissah!! it's going to be beautiful with your touch.
x

The Moerks said...

Congratulations, I am off to check out the previous post.

paisleysummer said...

Congratulations! So exciting x

The Silver Bunny said...

Congratulations, that new house you showed us on your last post is beautiful !

coisas da Nadya said...

eheheh congratulations!!

you gonna be so happy there !

:D


kisses

bec said...

well done...congratulations, I'm sure you will weave your magic on this little gem...now get back to that bubbly!
Bec x

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh WOW Congratulations Melissah! Fantastic news! Some things are just meant to be... and this place is obviously just meant for you! Can't wait to follow the progress of your lovely new home xo

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Congratulations Melissa. I'm with Rani. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Sam

Natasha @ Northern Light Blog said...

Well, i missed yesterdays blog - i will read in a min.. - but what a way to start the weekend!!!! Congratulations, sooooo exciting, I am excited for you and can't wait to see what you do, and how well the garden will look after your husband waves his magic landscape wand :)

Vicky said...

Congratulations Melissah!!This is a dream,I can't find words about their home.It's sensational!
Xx Vicky

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That is fab!! I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see what you do with the house. How exciting.

Sheila said...

Congrats!! Going to look beautiful! :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Beach House Living said...

Congratulations!

Rustic Vintage Country said...

You lucky lucky girl and I must say I'm a teeny weeny bit envious! Suzy x

Something Gorgeous said...

I'm so happy for you, I love your new house. Great buy xT

Annie Loveridge Interiors said...

So happy for you Melissah. The house looks amazing and it will be so much fun making it yours. Really happy for you both - and so envious of those views! Congratulations. Annie x

Samantha said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful home, so excited for you.x

In The Night Sky said...

Congratulations! What a great house, looking forward to seeing how you transform it ;)

Nola Grasby said...

Congrats to you and I can 't wait to follow along on this new adventure with you. You will make it beautiful.

Ofelia Bertrand said...

Congratulations, Melissah! Isn’t it such an incredible feeling to get your dream house? The last time I visited your blog, you’re talking about bidding for the house, and now… IT’S ULTIMATELY YOURS! Good luck in designing your new home. =)

Susan said...

Melissah - I'm so sorry that I wasn't here a couple of days ago to wish you all the best with the auction, but I will chime in today, and say "congratulations"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The house looks awesome - the views are stunning. I love, love, love it!!! I know you will turn it into the most amazing residence/office - how wonderful that you will have a separate entrance for clients. It looks perfect!

Dolores Carvalho said...

ParabĂ©ns Melissah!Muita luz pra vocĂȘ!

Jade said...

Oh Melissah sooooooooo wonderful news - all my best wishes for you and your husband and have a heavenly & happy time in your new house!!!! I`m looking forward to see all the pictures!!!! With love,

Jade

Gild and Grace said...

Oh my! The house looks amazing melissah! Congratulations! What a great project! We're planning on putting our house on the market in the new year and I hope we find a place as special as that one!

Abbey x

Bromeliad said...

I'm a little late to the news, but congrats!

Calvin Mordarski said...

I’m a little late, but congratulations on buying a new house! And it’s not JUST a house, it’s your DREAM house! I saw the pictures at the previous post, and I think the house is amazing. I can’t wait to see what it looks like after you’re done sprucing it up and making it look even better!

Oscar Lang said...

I’m rather late as well, but all the same, congratulations on buying your dream house! I can feel how excited you are about moving in and renovating in every word of this post. If your inspiration photos are anything to go by, I’m sure your house will turn out very beautiful.

Chuck Stevens said...

Congratulations on your new house- what an amazing achievement being able to find your dream place to live! Moving is always so exciting- it must seem unreal to be moving into such a beautiful place. Now comes the fun part of putting all of the personal touches into it! I love finding the perfect pictures or paintings. I just moved in to a new house and even the small things like candles and hallway runners are getting me excited! Hope everything is still going well with the new place!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...