EVERYDAY SKINCARE FOR THE BEACH
Because I spend a lot of time at the beach it's essential that
I look after my skin and follow a good daily skincare routine.
After a day at the beach my skin is a scary combination of
sea salt, sunscreen and salt - on top of that add a layer of make-up to my face
so it's very important that I follow the 3 simple, golden rules of skincare :-
cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise.
Here are few easy tips on cleansing to keep your skin super-smooth and soft...
REVISE YOUR CLEANSING RITUAL
1. LESS IS MORE - washing your face twice a day is more than enough.
2. BE GENTLE - use a mild, creamy cleanser that maintains the normal pH balance of your skin and protects it from pollutants in the environment.
3. COVER ALL BASES - smooth your cleanser all over your face -
including along the hairline and over eyebrows
- otherwise dandruff and oiliness can develop.
4. DON'T SCRUB - if you do scrub your skin you can remove the cells before they’re ready
- which can cause blood vessels to surface, protective oils to be stripped
and a reddening or chapping of the skin.
5. BE COOL - rinse cleanser off with tepid – not blood-vessel-popping water hot – water.
Finish with a rinse of cool- not freezing – water.
6. MOISTURISE WHEN MOIST - give your moisturiser some help by applying it soon after
rinsing, while skin is still damp