Poolside drinks at five
Re-create this look
Oh, to have a house at the Hamptons ...
or even just a summer would be nice!
But when you live half way across the world that's easier said than done!
However with a little know how ~ you can re-create that look
so you that feel like you are living in the Hamptons!
If you are wanting to inject some of this classic decorating style into your home,
here are a few basic guidelines to follow...
1. Invest in a few key pieces of furniture in neutral shades,
you can change up your look with seasonal accessories.
2. If you're looking for a classic Hamptons beach style feel, start with color.
The idea is to keep things light, breezy and natural.
3. Mix contemporary pieces with rustic touches
like barn wood elements, original hardware and bead board walls.
4. Introduce some vintage pieces -
hunt around antique markets for pieces with character.
If you are working to a tighter budget
try garage sales, flea markets and local charity shops
5. Bring the outdoors inside by incorporating a coastal feel indoors.
Use seaside treasures like shells and coral along with some nautical decor.
6. Bring as much light into the room as you can.
Invest in large windows and French doors to let sunlight wash into the rooms.