28 April, 2013

Coastal Calm





Why This Room Works


This room’s quiet palette allows the little details an opportunity to shine: graceful printed pillows and striped chairs, a reflective mercury lamp, silvery candlesticks and shining glass lanterns. High and low furnishings – a leather bench that doubles as a coffee table and ottoman, and a grand mirror that acts as a second window – keep the space from feeling stagnant. A scattering of faux coral adds natural whimsy.









Coastal Calm - Get The Look


Coastal Calm


Loving these glass lanterns from Pottery Barn
 

 

 


Melissah xox

Images via Pottery Barn Source : Vicky' Home

Check out my other blogs Scrapbook and Country Style Chic

8 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

This is such a lovely room. I love it. I really like the soft detail of all the accessories, and the pillows are stunning. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi MELLISAH,
I have just discovered your Blog......it is amazing the ideas you put together, love all of them , especially the outfits to suit the area!!
We are off to New York and Haiwaii in 2 weeks.....with a trip to The Hamptons, mainly East Hampton, for my birthday......so excited!!!
We live in a gorgeous 'beach village'in Corlette, Port Stephens, N.S.W. 2hrs. north of Sydney, think you would love it.
Will send a note from THE HAMPTONS.......cheers,Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissah,
I live in a coastal village,Corlette,Port Stephens, 2hrs. north of Sydney........you would love it.
Love the outfits you put with the places, love all your posts, and like you ,I love Hamptons style !!
We are off to New York and Hawaii in 2 wks.and going to East Hampton for my birthday........SO EXCITED.....
cheers, Susan

http://deco4life.blogspot.com said...

Right, these colours makes me calm ! Hug, Barbara

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Every time you post these colors it grabs my attention! I keep thinking that our bedroom just has to be done in these tones! How is your autumn?

Idemyldring i nr.9 said...

I get a great feeling with these pictures. I love the coastal calm and I will try to get this style, in my cabin. Beautiful pictures and thanks you for follow my blog.

I wish you a great week:-)

Love from Anne Line

Caron's Beach House said...

Love your posts!

Caron

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissah, I absolutely love your blog..I myself live at the beach, and I truly enjoy the way you brought in the seagrass and mixtures of blues indoor..Thankyou for sharing your blog...-Nicole

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...