DECIDE TO BE HAPPY ~ IT'S GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH...
The happiest people appreciate what they have, keep an open mind to new ideas and ventures,
and use their leisure time as a means of self development. They love good music, good books, good pictures, good company and good conversation. In other words, they do small things every day to nurture their happiness. It’s a lot easier than it sounds. Anything that helps you feel more positive and joyful is self-nurturing. The result? A happier, healthier you.
Here are 10 simple ideas to get you started with nurturing your happiness.
1. Act like today is already an awesome day.
– Do so, and it will be. Research shows that although we think that we act because of the way we feel, in fact we often feel because of the way we act. A great attitude always leads to great experiences.
2. Make yourself smile first thing in the morning.
– It’s difficult to feel down when your face is happy. Fill your bathroom or bedroom mirror with post-it notes of your favorite quotes, goals, mantras, photos, etc., and then reflect on them for a minute or two when you first wake up.
3. Spend time with people who make you smile.
– Who nourishes and supports you? Surround yourself with these people. Spend time with those who reflect the person you want to be – people who do good things and make your life a little brighter simply by being in it.
4. Try something totally new.
– Go somewhere you’ve never been. Do something you’ve never done. It will shake up your vision of what the world is like and give you a fresh new perspective on things. Variety truly is the spice of life.
5. Work on something that’s meaningful to you.
– Engage yourself in a meaningful personal project, or pull the trigger on doing something you’ve wanted to do for a long time, but haven’t yet had the resolve to do. Life is short. Today is the day to take action.
6. Keep track of the things you’re grateful for.
– You can’t help but feel good when you literally count your blessings. Start a gratitude journal and express your thanks on a daily basis.
7. Dream big.
– You can do anything you set your mind to. Visualise your dreams coming true and work at making them a reality.
8. Listen to your inner voice.– Your instincts are good. It’s important to listen to your own head and heart. Don’t always listen to others. Do what you know in your heart is right, for you.
– You are kind. You are smart. You are important. Your choices are just as valid as anyone else’s.
– Tell your friends you adore them, say thank you and mean it, flash your biggest and most sincere smile at strangers on the street, hug people for longer than normal. The more love you give out, the more it builds inside of you and the more you’ll get back.