garlic and chilli prawn skewers
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1kg green (raw) tiger prawns (shrimp), peeled with tails intact
- lemon wedges, to serve
Place the salt, parsley and lemon rind in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside
Place the garlic, chilli, oil and prawns in a bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread the prawns onto skewers. Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan over high heat. Char-grill or barbecue the prawns for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Sprinkle with the salt mixture and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 4.
Nothing beats prawns on the barbie on a hot summer's day!
Check out my other blogs Scrapbook