04 October, 2013

Simply White













White is a favourite colour for many interior designers. It always looks clean, fresh and uplifting. It is very popular for beach house decor because it maximises the light and creates bright, breezy spaces that feel calm and tranquil. Decorating with white allows endless possibilities to play with scale, interesting furniture pieces, texture and different styles without making too many mistakes! White comes in many tints and tones – creamy, milky, chalky and greyed – all of which look beautiful layered on top of one another. To prevent a room from being too cool and stark – layer various shades of white and use a mix of textures to create added interest. A white on white palette helps highlight and showcase the architectural features of a room or a house.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2 collage, 34, 5, 6, 7, 8 all editing by Coastal Style

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Pure class! Love the word stones :)

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

madhurima k said...

nice post on interior designs they are looking great, thanks for the post.
interior designers in hyderabad

Julie said...

Hi Melissah. I'm hoping you can help me in any way with a source for the pendants in the first photo of your coastal lighting post ... which I can't seem to find now. I really really want to track down those pendants. (julie at schradermarketing dot com)

anky said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep
visiting this blog very often. I am an interior designers in kondapur. I feel great after reading this information.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...