27 November, 2013

My Beach House - Dining Room






Dining Room

12 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 

Before Purchase 




After




This lovely space looks out to sea and
 the glass louvres let in the sea breeze and salty air.

First thing to go was the cafe style curtains and the stained carpet.
After a coat of white paint, new blinds and polishing the boards,
the room instantly felt larger, brighter and cleaner.
I love my Birds Nest pendant from Hermon and Hermon 
and my beautiful shell artwork commissioned by Portsea artist Jos Law.
The dining furniture was our first purchase for the new house so it set the theme.
We picked this up from Maison Est. We loved the bleached, distressed timber. 
We though the rustic, casual look really suited our old fashioned beach house.
The dining table is made from an antique Chinese temple door which compliments the 
Asian bar stools in the kitchen. 
The table gets a huge number of comments - the guys really love it ... 
maybe because it's so solid and chunky ~ a bloke's table!
We mixed antique Asian with French Provincial for an eclectic, relaxed feel.
I had a lot of fun picking my favourite bits and pieces for decorating the sideboard.
The room is a great spot for a dinner party for 8 
or a quick cup of coffee and a flick through the paper.

Melissah xox

Credits : Matt Lord Photography for Coastal Style Blogspot, moodboard by Coastal Style

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest

14 comments:

Magali40 said...

I like your choice. Not girly, elegant, sober and natural. We can see that mister Coastal Style was with you while you were shopping, wasn't he ?

Melissah said...

You're are Magali, Mr Coastal Style has a big say in everything - nothing goes into the house without his nod. So the house has ended up being a reflection of both of our styles and interests, so along with my pretty things you see his surfboards, books and things he's collected along the way. So it is a happy mix of the two of us which makes it extra interesting!!!
x Melissah

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Love that furniture. It looks sturdy and yet smooth to the touch.

Ez said...

I LOVE this and I love the way you and Mr Coastal Style design together :-)

kerrie of sea cottage said...

It is the perfect look for your beach house. I like how rustic and weathered it is... and really it was made from a temple door?! That makes it all the more awesome.

Something Gorgeous said...

Your home is beautiful. I really love both artworks. xT

Vicky said...

Your home is just lovely Love that furniture.

Magali40 said...

I'm very interested to discover your own style at home, because I feel that Mister Magali, a surfer too, would like more sobriety in our house. I try, but it's not so easy. For the moment, all the surfboards are out of our living rooms. So I'm looking for your husband's surfboards, to see if they are vintage or not. I remember your report about the french beach house, where we can see surfboards in living room : it's great almost the 2 owners don't surf.
It's a pleasure to share your new house with your readers. Thank you.

paisleysummer said...

Looking gorgeous Melissah. You must feel like you're on holidays every day! x

OnePieceBlack said...

Such a beautiful bright room. Somehow it reminds me of the movie "The notebook" :)
Do you not hang up some photos of you and your family?

Sloopy said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Vicky said...

The new home is just lovely !

Raquel T.G. said...

OMG I want that house!! :) love its decor and views! Following you now
xx

coastalvintagechic said...

Stunning makeover!!!! (personally I think its a crime to see how the old owners furnished such a gem of a home!!)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...