25 November, 2013

Welcome to Our New Beach House!







 


 

 

 




Welcome to our new Beach House!

After 8 months of blood, sweat and tears
 I am so excited to show you our new house.

To be honest there weren't any tears but I almost cried once when I gave myself a black eye with the hammer! This week I am dedicating each day to a tour of our new house room by room ~ so I hope you can join me!
We have worked so hard at restoring this wonderful, but sadly neglected, beach house back to it's former glory. Built in the 1950's by an architect who was a Spitfire pilot in World War II ~ this house is full of character, history and old world charm.

Last November, totally out of the blue, we spied a run down rental for sale in the local paper. This quirky white weatherboard with it's stunning ocean views had the potential to be our dream house. Four days later it was ours and from that day on our lives were turned upside down into a happy state of chaos!

Because of the tight budget we designed and project managed it ourselves and did what we could to save money. I have spent the best part of this year painting, digging, shovelling and filling skips ...as well as working, selling a house, packing ... and blogging! With stage I of the renos complete we can now sit back and relax on the new deck and enjoy a gin and tonic!! Derek can check out the surf from the living room and we feel totally blessed to own such an inspiring house.

Matt Lord, a local photographer has done a fantastic job of capturing the laid-back vibe
of our crazy beach house.

Melissah xox

Credits : House photos by Matt Lord Photography for Coastal Style Blogspot, all others by me!

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest

19 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I have been anxiously awaiting the tour - I know it's going to be fabulous!!

Sarah said...

It is gorgeous! I am so excited to see the interior - as we are bulding our own beach house next year!!

Boruvk_a said...

Breathtaking! Thank you for sharing your dream house. (More photos please ;))

In The Night Sky said...

Looks wonderful, looking forward to seeing the rest of the your!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Wow, what fun was that! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.

Belle Inspirations said...

Breathtaking!...need I say more, job well done it's fabulous! and then some ! Enjoy xx

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Those windows with those views are a dream! Love the yellow beach jeep too. Can't wait to see the inside.

Jenny said...

How perfect, amazing views and all worth the effort you have both put in. Can't wait to see more.... Great foresight and now you can relax and reap the rewards. ;-)

MelO said...

Can't Wait! So Excited!!

OnePieceBlack said...

Oh, wow. Your beach house is incredible! I love the white wood and the deck, of course. That view is just amazing! The 50´s architecture appears much more charming than a modern house. Besides I think it´s interesting to restore an old building and to make it shine like new :)
You both did a really great job!

Mariana Leal said...

Olá, acabo de visitar seu blog e segui-lo. Lhe desejo foco, sucesso e força. Que conquiste muitas realizações através do mesmo. E também convido você e seus/suas leitores/leitoras a conhecer o meu blog: toobege.blogspot.com.br . Beijinhos e espero você lá também *0*

Tonja Besler said...

Hi Melissa,congratulation. Ii could not wait to finally be able to see pictures of your beach house it. It´s so beautiful. Enjoy the moment. It really has a very special spirit. And so pretty pictures of you.
I loves this post. Greetings from very cold Germany Tonja

Ez said...

Absolute Perfection! I cant wait to see the rest! x

beachcomber said...

wow wow wow melisah !! you've done a great job. the photos are fantastic too.
c

Vicky said...

Your beach house is just wonderful!!!!

Chic Coastal Living said...

It's gorgeous!!!!!! Love everything about it! Congratulations!

Barbara said...

Your a lucky one!!! It is so gorgeous! You did a good Job and now you can just enjoy it! Next year for me and my husband will be THE year of renovation our 300 old stonehouse in Piedmont. Pictures will follow on my blog! Have a great time, Barbara

Angela Daphne said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! I have been enjoying the tour! Best wishes for a happy life long stay in your new home!

coastalvintagechic said...

Wow wow wow!! LOVE the look it - what a dream come true!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...