20 May, 2014

Natural Elements











One of the keys elements to creating a welcoming coastal retreat is natural materials and textures. Consider materials such as untreated and recycled floorboards, sisal wool carpets, textured linen, natural cotton, leather, suede, bamboo, coral and ceramics.  Surfaces can be handcrafted or primitive.  These natural elements are usually affordable and they also give a space a casual, relaxed feel. Natural colours and tonings also help to create a relaxed, coastal feel to your home. These colours create neutral background for an eclectic mix of furniture and accessories.





Bring the outdoors inside by incorporating items like driftwood, reclaimed timber, natural stone and other elements of nature into your scheme.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 3a/b, 4, 5, 6, 78, 9 all editing by Coastal Style Coastal Style

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest

2 comments:

Christina Perraki said...

Good morning Melissah! Great pictures! I especially love the bathrooms!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissah, I am new to your blog. I ABSOLUTELY love it! I look forward to your new postings all the time. I have a beach house at Casuarina Beach Northern NSW which is currently being tenanted by a lovely family that are building close by. I cannot wait to furnish and decorate the house from scratch. My spare room at my house is to the ceiling with things ready to go! In the meantime, I get inspired by you! Cheers Kylie

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...