03 September, 2014

My Design Workshop





Design Workshop - How To Decorate A Beach House


I have been invited to run a one day Design Workshop 
at the Anglesea Community Centre.
I have already run one back in May and the feedback was nice and positive
 so they are running a second one on 

 Saturday 13th September 10am - 4pm.

 $55 (bring your own lunch)

I thought I would mention it on my blog because it's really great value and there just might be some readers from my neck of the woods (The Surfcoast), Geelong or Melbourne who might be interested in attending. Anglesea is an easy 1.5 hours from Melbourne.

The workshop is closely related to my blog ~
it's all about  identifying your style,
 making your beach house interesting and unique,
 decorating with style on a tighter budget and
making the most of what you have in terms of
architecture, room layout, furniture and decor.




This workshop will feature tips on ~

FRESHENING UP YOUR HOME FOR SPRING & SUMMER

I'm hoping by the end of the day you will have learnt 
how to add value to your home and
decorate like a professional.

I hope to give you the confidence, skills and enthusiasm 
that you will need to embark on your next design project whether it's 
a room upgrade, a mini makeover or a renovation.

This one day workshop will discuss how to better plan your spaces, identify new trends,
decorate stylishly and place furniture effectively
 ~ turning your house into an inspiring and stylish home.




Beach House Tour


The workshop features with a tour of my newly renovated beach house which is being featured in the summer issue of House & Garden. During the tour I will pass on decorating, styling and renovating tips. Feel free to ask any questions you like and pick my brains for ideas, contacts and favourite places to shop for furniture, rugs, artwork and decorator items.




They are 8 places still available so if you are interested please contact:

Ann Wingad from the Anglesea Community House
Phone 03 5263 2116 | admin@anglesea.org.au
Opening Hours :
Monday – Friday 9.15am - 2.30pm

I would really love to see you there.

Melissah xox

Photos of me  ~ Matt Lord Photography for Coastal Style Blog, images via 2, 3

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest

5 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Sounds like fun and very informative. Too bad it's so far from Chicago. :-)

All For Love said...

Look at you, gorgeous Melissah, so nice to see you :) Sounds like a fabulous workshop, I would be interested if it wasn't so far...and I could probably just do with some tips for my non-beach house, as I always say, I do plan to do it up one day! Hope you have a great day xo

Nola Grasby said...

That sounds like it would be fun but I live in Adelaide. I don't usually comment but just wanted to say how beautiful your blog is and always has so much inspiration, can't wait to see your house in the magazine!

OnePieceBlack said...

Hey Melissah , did you study architecture, interior design or design in general ?

Melissah said...

I have studied fashion design when I left school then went onto study interior design when I was 30 after Calvin Klein gave me a job as head of store design & retail fit outs for Australia & NZ. I sort of fell into interior design because I was passionate about it & had a bit of a natural flair. I worked for CK for 5 years then set up my own practice which I have been running for 12 years now. I've been so lucky to have had an amazing career path.
x
Melissah

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...