This recipe is a summer favourite,
it's tasty and it's quick to whip up.
A perfect dish for a balmy summer's night
when I've been out all day and no time to prepare anything too fussy.
The chilli prawns give it a bit of a kick
and I love anything that's smothered in pesto!
Penne with Pesto & Prawns
- 400g penne
- 500g cooked prawns
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only
- 2 shallots, trimmed, chopped
- Chilli flakes or 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in large pan of salted boiling water until almost tender. Drain pasta well.
Toss the prawns with the chilli in a hot pan with a slash of olive oil until cooked.
Meanwhile process the basil, shallots, oil, lemon zest and juice and parmesan until smooth, season to taste. Place pesto mixture into a large serving bowl. Add pasta and prawns and toss until well combined. Garnish with basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yum!
Check out Coastal Style Pinterest