27 December, 2014

An Aussie Renovation



homelife-oz-1

homelife-oz-3

homelife-oz-2

homelife-oz-4

homelife-oz-5

homelife-oz-6

homelife-oz-7

homelife-oz-8

homelife-oz-9



This beautiful renovated beach home in Australia is decorated with a Nordic touch. This coastal home has an abundance of natural light which creates a spacious effect. I love the beautiful kitchen counters which are made of recycled messmate timber. In the living room a loom rug brings a sense of warmth and comfort. A lovely mix of old and new can be found in for example the dining area and kitchen where modern bar stools and vintage chairs are paired together. I am working on a sixties beach house at the minute where I am following the Scandinavian trend of painting the house black with the white trim. I am seeing a lot of homes around the coastal towns doing the same thing - it really gives an out-of date beach house a fresh modern look with a Scandi twist.

Melissah xox

Source: images by I. Foord | via HomeLife | project by Doherty Design Studio |  fashion

Check out Coastal Style on Pinterest

1 comments:

Melbourne Girl said...

I love this house!! and would love to see the result of your wok on the renovation too.
A black exterior with white trim really appeals to me
Lesley
xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...