31 January, 2014
I have a total weakness for traditional shingled houses like this one in the Hamptons.
So when I saw this one was for sale I had to check it out.
It sits on almost an acre near Sagg Beach and is listed for a mere $6.5 million!
The listing says: “On a private lane, this 6,500 sq. ft. traditional Hamptons home has ocean and pond views as well as a pool and pool house”. Sounds good so far! It also features soaring ceilings, beautiful hand-hewn barn beams and dramatic windows. The focal point of this dramatic open first floor entertaining area is the stone fireplace and multiple seating areas. The house has 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths. That would do me very nicely!
29 January, 2014
28 January, 2014
27 January, 2014
Today’s post features a house decorated by Portuguese designer Vera Iachia. Casa Tatui is a summer home with an interior outfitted in shades of seafoam, blue and white. Together with the use of natural materials these colors give a clean fresh feel throughout. The innovative use of wood adds warmth to the cool toned color palette and I just love amazing ceilings throughout and the beautiful filtered light that shines through.
25 January, 2014
Here are some secret tips for shiny-super soft hair from Pantene
* Give your hair a break from using hot hair tools during the summer months and consider letting your strands air-dry. If you must blow-dry - use a leave-in conditioner designed to protect your hair from heat.
* Be religious about your having your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. When your ends feel frizzy, it means they’re damaged, split or both.
* Always use products with a SPF protection to protect your hair and scalp when you’re at the beach - or better still, wear a hat.
* Hair needs to be treated more gently during the summer. Consider switching to a more moisturising shampoo and conditioner.
* Before you dive into the pool, soak your hair under the shower first to lessen the hair's absorption of chlorine.
* For sun exposed or sun damaged hair, apply a deep conditioner to damp hair, wrap in plastic wrap before bedtime. Leave on overnight for extra repair and re-moisturising benefits.
24 January, 2014
Bring the beauty of the tropics inside with rattan accents, bamboo furniture, cane baskets, jute, coir and seagrass matting.
Natural textures and a tropical spirit make woven accessories the perfect addition to laid-back beachy tropical style. Use them as room accessories such as feature pendant lights, bar stools and feature furniture pieces to create a relaxed feel. Bright fresh greens and pops of tropical colours inject a sense of fun and vibrancy into this style/scheme.