06 January, 2015

A Converted Bowling Club





 












The subdued mix of indigo blues and moody greys caught my eye.

This quintessential Aussie beach house has been reincarnated by Sydney interior designer Karen Akers. A place for family and friends to come together and relax over summer. Once an old bowling club house that had been moved by previous owners to the sandy dunes of Gerroa beach on the New South Wales coastline, the decision was made to renovate not demolish. The aim was to create a casual but stylish family home in a low key palette of coastal shades of indigo blue, grey, chocolate and black. The natural hues of timber floors, the chunky furniture, comfy sofas and rustic details adds warmth and character to this innovative beach house."

Melissah xox

Images via Karen Akers, fashion
 
Check out Coastal Style on Pinterest

3 comments:

Ashlea Kerr said...

How fabulous, to renovate and not demolish! Its gorgeous, I love the moody colours :) That rope swinging chair has me envious x

Anonymous said...

Hi

I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now and just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the new content you've been posting recently. The photos are also lovely and clear.

I live in North Queensland, and although the weather can be brutal at times, your blog reminds me that I do live in a beautiful part of the world and that there is still loveliness even in the heat!

Thanks.

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

Thanks Anon from Northern Queensland for the constructive feedback & positive comment.
x
Melissah

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...