11 March, 2015

Sunny Tropical Style






Sin título





Paradise Found. Kick back with some chilled-out tunes and cool tropical cocktails this summer in a tropical inspired setting. Dress up your indoor or outdoor living area with summery yellows, fresh pineapples, potted palms and tropical coloured peacock chairs ... my current obsession. Invite your friends over and whip up a batch of rum flavoured cocktails to get the party started! Here's an easy recipe to get you in the mood ....!
 
The Classic Dark and Stormy is typically considered a warm weather cocktail with its roots in the white sands of Bermuda. It’s a staple in the Caribbean where it’s spicy effervescence is a great foil to the heat. It's  light and sparkling with lots of zest and a kick of ginger.

Classic Dark and Stormy serves 1
  • 1 slice fresh ginger
  • 2 oz dark rum
  • 1/2 oz ginger syrup (optional)
  • 4 oz ginger beer
  • lime wedge (for garnish)
Fill a double old-fashioned or highball glass with ice; add the fresh ginger slice. Pour in the rum and ginger syrup (if using), then stir to combine. Top with ginger beer and gently stir. Squeeze the lime wedgs over the drink and drop it in as garnish.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34 Collage via Sin título by Vaizota, 5, 6, 7 Rum cocktail image and recipe Sippity Sup

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest

2 comments:

Amber Melody said...

Hi Melissah!

I popped over to have a look on recommendation from one of my blog readers, Ashlea at Glamour Coastal Living.

And I LOVE that YELLOW pop! Yellow clothes always catch my attention - but make me look so washed out. Wahhh, at least I can admire from afar ;) Amber. x

Beauty Follower said...

My chair and my rum cocktail lol :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...