07 August, 2015

Let The Light In









 
 


White, bright and light.

The key to coastal style is lots of light. For this reason you will often see white used a lot in beach houses ~ it picks up the natural light and amplifies it. Another way to invite light (and ocean views if you're lucky!), is with large windows and glass doors. Dress windows with breezy, white curtains made in organic fabrics like linen and muslin, or with chunky, white timber plantation shutters which lets you control both the light and privacy. A cheaper, more affordable way to go is with sheer roller blinds that tend to disappear and have the lowest impact on a room. Fill you home with light then add white painted timber furniture, white bedlinen and white cotton slip covered sofas to complete the look. 

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7, 8

Check out Coastal Style on Pinterest

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa, thank you so much for your inspiring posts every day. I love that, I enjoy....and once again I have to confess that I'm a lazy bone. I read and I give NO comments. Shame on me!
But.....be sure you are my daily inspiration
Thanks for that and many greetings from Germany
Sabine

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...