09 March, 2016

Turning Fifty Today!










 








 



Well I can't believe I am turning fifty today!

It seems just like yesterday that I was celebrating my thirtieth with these 2 girls.
 Kathy, in blue, was my friend on the bus in year 7, that's 40 years ago
and I meet Lisa in London 30 years ago!   

I decided to celebrate this milestone with a big bang so I hired the local Yacht Club for the Saturday night and invited 80 of my nearerest and dearest ... my parents, old friends, new friends and favourite neighbours. The Yacht Club is set overlooking the water in a pretty bay so it was the perfect location and a warm, mild evening was just right for summer party dresses. I decided months ago I would take on the challenge of doing everything myself :~ styling, decorating the venue, graphics and the flowers as well as making and decorating not one but 2 birthday cakes! I also made all of the sweet treats for the candy bar ~ cupcakes, meringues, mini pavlovas, cookies and homemade chocolates. Now if that wasn't enough I decided to make the 800 pieces of finger food for my hungry guests. Most of which was homemade by mum and myself with a few extra treats from the local deli. I worked on it for weeks beforehand so there was no pressure but on the actual day I felt sick because there was so much last minute stuff to do. Thankfully a team of friends rocked up in the afternoon, all keen to help with the decorating so the music was turned up and the party started! There was a pink champagne bar, a cheese bar and the candy bar which was a huge success with the fifteen little girls that were there. Everyone oohed and aahed at the decorating and the candy bar but the best party of the night was all the happy faces, the mingling of old and new friends, the laughter and the dancing!

Everything was well worth the effort but I'm glad I turn 50 only once!!!

Today is my actual birthday so it's a romantic dinner at my favourite local restaurant, just Derek & I (pictured above). I am looking forward a quiet, relaxed evening with a glass of bubbles. 

Melissah xox

Photos by Coastal Style

Check out Coastal Style on Pinterest

13 comments:

Ashlea Kerr said...

Wishing you a very happy 50th - it looked incredible! Big congrats on pulling off what looks like a not only stunning but enjoyed by all party!!! :)
The food and styling looks incredible, I love all the soft shades of pink and especially all those gorgeous roses ad the tassel bunting. Beautiful work Melissah xx

Melissah From Coastal Style said...

Thanks Ashlea! x Melissah

Melbourne Girl said...

Oh Happy Birthday BIG TIME Melissah...it's a fabulous age! Enjoy every minute, which I'm sure you will!
Lesley
xx

Victoria said...

You look fantastic and your party looks like it was a big success:) I turn 50 in 2 years, it does creep up on you!

Jade said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Melissah.........HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! You look sooooo sweet and what a birthday table!!!!!!!

With love, Jade

Lisa said...

What a beautiful party! Everything looks amazing! Happy Birthday!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a wonderful party and you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You certainly don't look 50! Charlotte

P Mann said...

Congratulations! Looks like a fun party, sorry I missed it ; ). Best wishes. Patty/NS

edbdesigns said...

Happy Birthday! You certainly don't look 50. It's only a number after all. :) Love your blog....it's on my favorites list.

Seawashed said...

Happy 50th Melissah. You are beautifully youthful. Your party is so pretty in pink. I turn 50 this year too, in November. xoxo Kerrie

OnePieceBlack said...

Happy Birthday! Pretty pink party :)

Arzu Pınar said...

Happy birthday. You look very young. I am from Istanbul and like your blog very much. Thanks for your blog.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and puts a smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...